View Single Post
Old 06-26-2022, 06:09 PM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Another point about cards being legit signed after the fact: From what I read on the various Facebook F1 card groups, Lewis Hamilton is all but impossible to get on a card these days, and Max Verstappen is almost as tough. But everyone else on the grid willingly signs Topps cards. Lando Norris has even commented how much he likes signing cards. It just seems weird to me that an on card autograph will sell for a fraction of the Topps stickered autographs.

On one of the NASCAR radio podcasts that I linked to above, the hosts talked about the process Richard Petty goes through to this day when it comes to TTM autographs. Petty usually shows up at least once a week at his museum and museum volunteers lay out everything he recently received in the mail on several tables for him to autograph. He then goes down the line with several different colored Sharpies in hand.

When the item is something different or something Petty has not seen before, he will usually stop and write a short note on the item.

Last edited by Bored5000; 06-26-2022 at 06:17 PM.