View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Default We See Opportunities Where Others Don't

Posted By: Bob

I guess it all depends on your definition of vintage card collecting. For many of us, we do it because we love the cards, love the history of the game and it is a pleasant diversion which does, truth be told, also make us money as the prices continue to soar. I do think though that life is way too short to be a bloody and competitive battle from day to day. I would rather sit in the stands and watch my grandson play baseball than to score a PSA 7 E94 card (when I can get one in PSA 4 with great eye appeal). The enjoyment and thrills simply do not compare.
Bruce, I understand your philosophy and am not criticizing you for it but maybe you need to just stop and smell the roses once in a while. At the nightfall of our lives, all we have left are our memories and our friends and loved ones and those pieces of cardboard just don't seem so important after all. Someone once wrote on this board that all we do is merely rent our card collections, to enjoy during our lifetimes. That is so simple a statement, yet profound...