Thread: Card conundrum
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2023, 08:08 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I would thank them for the offer of letting you return it. Tell them you will keep it and thank them for the transactions and wish them a great day.
+1 No sense poking the bear. Sounds like you already came out ahead, why go for some bad karma.

I would check with them again though and inquire about the balance of the one year you thought you were getting. I would be nice and thank them for the return offer, and politely decline, and then without being too over the top, mention how you were really hoping to get the balance of the cards from the one year, and if they still had them, is there any way they could work out a deal with you? You're already playing with house money, so to speak, so it can't hurt to ask. They may not want to give you money back on the value difference, but if you offer to buy more, they may be more inclined to cut you a break. You never know, they might give you a heck of a deal on the price to help make up for what you thought you were supposed to get. Doesn't hurt to ask nicely, worst they can do is so no. Good luck.

Last edited by BobC; 02-27-2023 at 10:12 PM.