Thread: Card conundrum
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2023, 06:17 PM
Larry More.y

Default Card conundrum

I bought two lots from a seller. First one was a single mfg, multi-year lot for $560. The second was a single mfg/year lot. The multi year lot was supposed to contain one year of an issue, however, due to an honest typo in the lot's description the following year was actually included. The following year is worth 20% of the previous year....the value difference is around $350. Other than this oversight, I was happy with the rest of the lot.

The second lot was supposed to be an assorted lot of unspecified low to mid-grade commons. I sorted the cards into number order and to my surprise the most expensive card from the set is present and in mid grade or better shape. This card alone is worth $1000-1200. Totally not clear if this card was supposed to be included in the lot or not.

Before I found the $1000+ card, I sent a message to the seller in regard to the first lot asking if the previous year's cards were still present on their end and let them know there was a non-specified value difference (that they should be aware of). They responded with an apology and only an offer for me to return the lot.

Should I overlook the almost non-response (apology aside) and just be happy I now have a $1000 card that I was not expecting and consider that as covering the value disparity in the first lot?

Should I double down and press the seller for some sort of compensation on the first lot because of their typo?

Would anyone let the seller know about the $1000+ card embedded in an assorted lot after the "sweep the problem under the rug" response on the first lot?

My card conundrum.