View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 11:22 PM
Brad Francis

Default Good intentions???

Maybe they are good guys. There is a pawn shop close by me that is not sleezy or bad. But then there is "Family Pawn" down the street where the only "family" is the two Italian cousins behind the counter, and lots of other cousins beating payments out of customers. I am not stereotyping, because they really are Italian. But don't be fooled, there is nothing "family" about it.

I worry though, that despite good intentions to build a business, and offer pawn services here there might be some members who are a "bit" more addicted than others, and thus more apt to fall prey, all over a hobby, and cardboard nonetheless. As opposed to gold and silver etc, cards really are a "house of cards" when the economy is down with no physical value.

I will add my + 1 to the sentiment that there is more going that needs to be fixed in your life if you can't emotionally sell your cards outright if in debt or serious trouble. To each his own, but I don't quite understand the depth of despair I see on the board occasionally when someone is left without a certain card, because of a cancelled deal, or feels incomplete until they can add a certain card to their collection. It is sad really....