View Single Post
Old 11-19-2022, 02:13 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
Considering the leading TPG's "preservationists" is laughable at best. There is far too much profit motive involved. If you really had museum expert caliber people seeing to the care of your cards at PSA and SGC, there would be a lot more use of Mylar and preservation materials than there would be talk of grading and flips. The HOF in Cooperstown looks at all of this kind of paranoia among collectors with amusement and disdain, if I had to guess. If someone donates cards to them (and doesn't just loan them a collection) - the first thing they do is bust the slabs and throw them in the trash.
Oh I agree, it’s a load of BS, but all of them claim to be preserving items as part of their business. They’re really there to fuel the $$$ stream and nothing else, but they lay much claim to preservation, to objective expert analysis, and more. As such, they shouldn’t be allowing any contaminants to get into slabs they’re sending out to customers at all, but I understand how dust and plastic and other non-pubic things get in there.