View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 12:17 PM
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch7999 View Post
Memories of school cafeterias of 55 years ago or more are a little vague, but a new lunchbox every year or two was a big thing
when we were kids, as it was a strong statement of one's tastes and persona. We recall having Bonanza, The Rifleman,
The Wild Wild West, 007
, and Supercar at one point or another. Sadly, all were eventually discarded, although
mum dast not touch our baseball cards.

The only one we own now is of course this 1968-69 number, bought a few years back at a flea market:
Good stuff. I remember the trip to get my back to school supplies every year. The lunchbox was the most important decision. Social status was at stake.

That Playball LB is from 1969. The 1968 version has a MLB Logo. I recently sold my copy of it. I still have the magnetic playing pieces and the spinner that came with it. I'm now waiting to get a copy in better condition.

Believe it or not, I picked up the Wild Wild West in an antique fair in southern England a few years ago. It's what got me into collecting lunchboxes.