Thread: T206 Qs
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2023, 01:43 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie73 View Post
Adding a zero to just about every T206 I own, is how much the prices have changed. The biggest problem with that, is I can't justify paying the 10x price, after paying the 1x price over ten years straight. Averaging 150 to 300 cards a year, and now I'm lucky if I add 5 cards a year. Because of the current prices, I don't enjoy the set as much as I used to. But I still watch for certain cards, and actually won a T206 last night. I did have that feel good feeling, after winning. So I just need to accept the new price levels.
+1,000,000

Have the exact same problem/issue. Extreme difficulty rationalizing the dramatically increased prices for many cards out there, and then ever be willing to actually pay that much for them now. Can't help but remember when I could usually get cards at/for a particular price level/range. And despite fully knowing about and being completely aware and accepting of inflation and other things that may push some prices up over time, still can't justify in my mind paying what now seems like some ridiculously high and undeserving prices. Maybe a bit of an "I'm a collector and this is a hobby." thinking, versus "This is an investment that is going to take off." thinking. Possibly/probably also a function of that inherent, innate resistance many, many people have to change, and its effects on things in our lives.