View Single Post
Old 07-25-2021, 08:21 PM
Bob Andrews

I decided I'd quit whining about prices and just go out and do what I could to finish off the '67 Topps SPs I needed. I managed to track down five of the seven in reasonable shape at decent (relatively) prices. A couple, Clendenon and Tommy John, are nice samples of tough cards and I got lucky on the eBay auctions. I'm down to Mike Shannon and the Rod Carew rookie. I've got bids in on a few Shannons. Hoping to continue my luck.

The best thing that's happened since I last hit this thread was finishing my '62 Post Cereal baseball set. At least I think I have. The last card, Gary Geiger, another hard-to-find SP, came from a source I'd never connected to vintage cards, Amazon.

Last Friday, after my weekly fishing for Geiger expedition on eBay I decided to widen my net a bit and just googled the card and clicked the Google shopping tab on the results. Geiger popped up ON AMAZON for about $8 plus shipping. I couldn't hit 'buy' fast enough. In all the years I've been buying cards online I've never considered Amazon as a place to check. I'm still not 100% sure the deal is real but Amazon says my order shipped Saturday. We'll see what happens.