View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 01:18 AM
M@rk Comer

Day 358 (December 23, 2020 – 358)

The early Brooks Robinson pins are very difficult to locate. I only know of two different varieties of these pins, but there may possibly be more. There’s one pin I’ve only viewed in a picture and only seen available for sale a couple times since I’ve been collecting. So, I know I don’t have the PM10 pin that uses the same image from his Topps rookie card, but in the original B&W. I thought I went high on my bid the last time the pin became available, but came up short. I’m unsure of the dates of these pins, but the one today I believe is from 1959 and is a PM10 stadium pin. The pin is relatively small around 1.75 inches in diameter. I think the other early PM10 pin has Brooks’ middle name spelled incorrectly as, “Colbert”. I have a picture of it “somewhere”, but can’t locate prior to this post.

1959 PM10 Brooks Robinson pin

Day 358 a PM pin.jpg

I continue to fail to post this pennant so might as well add it in today with the Brooksie pin. This is a 1954 Baltimore Orioles scroll pennant in black. They had the same pennant in orange as well, but I don’t have this particular example.

Day 358 b Pennant 1954 Scroll.jpg