View Single Post
Old 12-19-2020, 08:11 AM

I would agree that the 1973 Brooks card is also one of my top favorites. I still remember the day I first saw it. It was sometime in the late 70's when I was at a friend's house and he was showing me his cards. I had never seen the 1973 card before (I started collecting in 1976), and when I saw that card I was blown away. All I was familiar with were the 1976 card where you can barely even see his eyes because of the shadow from his cap and the 1977 & 1978 cards where he looked much older.

Seeing an action shot of him at 3rd base was amazing! Fortunately my friend had an extra one which he gave me. It wasn't in the greatest shape, but I've still held on to it (even as I've gotten an upgrade for my 1973 set) as I still remember my reaction to seeing this card for the first time.

I'm almost certain the picture on the card was taken on May 28, 1972 against the Indians, along with the large number of other action shots of Orioles in the 1973 set. Here is my look at those cards (along with a few Indians cards) which helped me figure out the date:

https://fleersticker.blogspot.com/20...tographer.html

Last edited by Fleerfan; 12-19-2020 at 08:12 AM.