View Single Post
Old 12-15-2020, 07:08 AM
Alan Strout

Default Brooks Robinson Bobblehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
Day 350 (December 15, 2020 – 350)

Today pictured is a 1962 Baltimore Orioles Black Face Nodder made in Japan. These Nodders (Bobbleheads) make for a very nice display pieces.
Mark,

That is a very nice looking bobblehead and an extremely tough one to find. It reminds me that I need to update some information I just picked up on a Brooks Robinson Bobblehead from post #85.

From Post #85

Here is my contribution for today, but I'm afraid I need some help identifying this bobblehead. I picked it up 10-15 years ago, but haven't found anyone that has seen it before. I'm guessing it's from the 90's and it is fairly heavy. Some people I've talked to believe it's a custom, which is quite possible. However, both the Orioles on the shirt and Brooks Robinson on the base are raised up and not just painted on. Cool bobblehead that Brooks autographed before I got it. Anyone with any info is appreciated. Someday, maybe I can ask Brooks himself if he knows anything about it. There is nothing to identify either the manufacturer or a sponsor. Bobblehead collectors HELP!!!

2006 Brooks Robinson (LA Dodgers Fantasy Camp).jpg

There is currently one on eBay and the seller says the bobblehead is from a 2006 Los Angeles Dodgers Fantasy Camp in Vero Beach, FL. Based upon the time frame I picked the bobblehead up, that is feasible. I'm not sure why Brooks would have been at a Dodgers Fantasy Camp. The seller doesn't know how many were produced, but this is the only other one I've seen. I think he had two, but the one on eBay is the last one he has. Interested in what it goes for..

Last edited by BaltOrioles; 12-15-2020 at 07:47 AM.