View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 03:27 PM
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltOrioles View Post
John,

I remember those days well, searching the candy and cereal aisles for potential treasures. I just recently completed my 1971 Orioles Kelloggs master set with all the back variations. I'm still looking for the 1977 Wayne Garland (last line ends in "knuckleball") and the 1979 Mike Flanagan (57 K's) variations. Selecting that box of Corn Flakes with a coveted Oriole inside was always a crap shoot. It was always easier sifting through RC Cola cans, Milk Duds and Hostess boxes to find those missing gems.

Some of my favorite sets are from that era, especially the Milk Duds set from 1971. Fresh off their World Series win, 6 Orioles were featured along with Milt Pappas. Milt had long been dealt away and, even as a kid, I wondered why he was pictured as an Oriole. I keep him with my O's set, just for that reason.
Yep...they are nice Milk Duds boxes...I am missing the Palmer box to have all the O's...would like to get the Palmer box by cash or trade if somebody has a full box in nice shape...have all the 70's Hostess sets and the two RC Cola sets...here is the 1977 RC Cola set...the 1978 set is larger and a little harder for me to get to right now

John

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk