View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 09:26 PM
Alan Strout

Default Orioles Photos

I'm really enjoying all the items people are posting so far. It's always fun to see stuff you don't have in your personal collection and hear the stories behind them.

One of my passions is the history of the Orioles franchise from 1954 to present. I know some of you also collect stuff from the minor league Orioles before 1954 which is also very interesting. I guess the main reason, I've avoided collecting minor league Orioles items, is that the roots of the current Orioles team come through the St. Louis Browns franchise. I believe at least a couple of the old Orioles teams can be traced forward to the current Yankees and Detroit Tigers franchises. Maybe someday, I'll get the itch to expand my collection to the Browns.

That passion for history has led me to collect photos of every player to ever appear in an Orioles game, but they must be pictured in an Orioles uniform. There are a couple players I still need to find.

Wally Westlake 1955 (I know a photo of him exists)
John Buzhardt 1967 (Many photos as an Astro or White Sox, but have never seen an Oriole photo)

I thought some of you might enjoy a challenge. Over the next few days, I'll post pics of some Orioles and let you try and identify them. Hint: All of these players have appeared for at least one major league game with the Orioles.

Hint #2: They all have something in common when they played for the Orioles. Some will be easier than others.

I hope you have fun.

Player #1

Evers, Hoot 1.jpg

Player #2

Gentry, Craig 1.JPG

Player #3

Johnson, Kelly 1.jpg

Player #4

Lenhardt, Don 1.jpg

Player #5

DeLock, Ike 1.jpg

Player #6