View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 09:16 AM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltOrioles View Post
Mark,

As an Orioles fan and collector, I'm excited to see what gets posted over course of the year. Brooks is a big part of my collection and I'll post items as I get a chance.

I grew up in Maine and at 6 years old I fell in love with the bird on the Orioles hat. That was the year Brooks was the AL MVP, so he became my favorite player. The first time I ever met him was at a card show in Portland Maine. By that time, I had three small boys of my own, but I was more excited than the boys.

I'll start my contributions to the thread by posting Brook's first minor league program from the York White Roses in 1955. Brooks was 18 years old and hit .331 in 95 games. I love Orioles history and it's a big part of my collection, although I only collect the O's from 1954 to present and don't do the minor league Orioles before that.

Mark, good luck and looking forward to following this year.
Alan,

Thank you so much for posting the York White Roses program. The early minor league programs are something I would love to add someday. I’m also looking forward to you adding not only Brooks items to the thread, but just great Orioles and Oriole related items that you have collected over the years. Also, you’ll have to post some pictures of your Orioles room this coming year.