View Single Post
Old 03-28-2004, 08:11 PM
Administrator

Default 1910 D322 Wagner

Posted By: runscott

Unfortunately, the "you/me" technique is necessary here.

<<I was not aware that SGC and GAI were supposed to report to you about the cards that they may have graded in error. You might want to call them to find out if they know this.>>

US, Greg, US - that's a plural word that refers to their customers. It's obvious that they feel no need to explain themselves to anyone. I agree that it was a human error on GAI's part, which needs no further explanation. But regarding SGC, I have the highest respect for their graders and believe it impossible that this many problems on one card could have slipped by them. So if it was a policy problem, then, yes, I would like to hear that it has been corrected. Otherwise, I assume this type of problem will persist.

<<And you are completely wrong about the card. The raw E95 is coming back to me as I had requested. SGC once again offered to buy it back. They are certainly not trying to cover up anything as you might believe. There is however medication that you can take for your paranoia.>>

Then you lied in your previous email in which you stated that they planned to send you $700 and keep the card. Unfortunately there is no medication for your problem. What are you covering up Greg?

<<Your comment about expecting GAI to grade reprints and altered cards, is one of the most absurd things that you have ever written and if you meant this, it almost certainly discredits everything that you have ever written.>>

So what would you call the process that e95 Cobb underwent - cosmetic surgery? If in your mind this discredits everything else I have previously written, I can certainly live with that.

<<You clearly do not understand much about grading if you think that SGC is going to cross anyone's cards over without looking. Once SGC puts a card in their holder, it becomes their responsibility. Please tell me what the upside would be for either GAI or SGC to holder a bad card. They get $10 to grade it and in this case they would have had to come up with $700 to buy the card back. That is fiscally irresponsible thinking to me. You see they get the same money $10 whether it holders or not.>>

I see the light-bulb finally lighting up above your head. Yes, Greg, that's exactly what I think is happening, and many collectors with more credibility than you possess, believe the same. You are getting the point...slowly, but it's happening. There is no up-side - it's just plain laziness. So you believe "to err is human" but "to be lazy" is not? As an SGC customer, I expect my SGC-slabbed cards to be graded by SGC, not by GAI, period.

<<I cannot understand why you have to look for something cryptic in my comment about backbone. SGC was willing to buy the card back and take a hit. In my rule book that is backbone.>>

I've addressed this already - I can't help it if you can't understand it. You have made a point in recent posts of pointing out how good you are at making money by passing cards from one slab to another. I don't think you expected SGC to get bitten by this altered card, and since they are your grading company of choice you are defending them. I would do the same if I were in your shoes, but I don't send restored cards to SGC, so I don't know what it feels like to be in your shoes.

<<By the way, how come you have been so secretive/protective of the person who you sold the E95 to originally? I have asked you on two occasions if you could provide me with all of his contact info, city, state, etc and all that you have given me is a name. I was interested in tracing the path that the card took between your owning it and my owning it.>>

There's that diversion thing going on again. "waahhh!! Scott won't give me what I need to solve this problem and find the card doctor! :)waaahhh!"

But I'll humor you - What is it about this email that you do not understand? Yes, I save most emails, which is how I was able to provide you with the info in the following email. It is possible that this person included his address with his payment, and not in an email. I've x'd out his name because although I got in an email fight with him over his describing the back as clean (left out the tear and the back image) I am certain that he did not doctor the card.

"I sold it to a guy named "xxxxxxx" on ebay, in May '02. He in turn sold it on ebay in July '02. I have tried to contact xxxxxxx, but his ebay handle and his email address are both now invalid. xxxxx definitely did not doctor the card - I remember the scan he had on ebay. I don't remember who he sold it to."

...and no more emails please. I feel like the reporter in the prison asking the inmates if they are guilty or not.