View Single Post
Old 06-20-2022, 11:45 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas00 View Post
Any good recommendations for dealers who specializes in different types of photos?
Snaps
Type 1s
Rppcs
Etc?
I will put in a plug for fellow board member and advertiser - Rhys Yeakley aka Prewar Sports aka RMY Auctions. He does have a good selection of photos each year. My collection/archives is very specific; original photos of U.S. Olympians. I can usually find one or two in his books that fill a slot.

If you look around you can usually find other dealers that have items, especially if they have binders or boxes of publications.

I see you are in PA. I would also recommend the Allentown Paper Show. The next one is October 1 and 2. I made it for the first time this year on April 30. I noticed a lots of sports photos at that show. I showed up 45 minutes before opening and the line was about 20 people. By 10 there were about 100 or so. I was there from 10 am to about 4 pm. There were more than a few sports dealers. I was able to pick up about 20 RPPCs that fit in my collection. It is still off the radar for most collectors though I did see a few who were looking for sports. Skipping the booths that you can tell have nothing that interest you makes it easy to see it all in one day. There is plenty of free parking. They have a food area in the building. Even better, the main fairgrounds building, which is about the length of a football field, is a farmer's market and has quite a few choices for food like sandwiches and baked goods. It is 50 yards away from the show building. It is located at the fairgrounds, just east of Muhlenberg University and west of Lehigh Valley Hospital. It only takes about 10 minutes from Rte 78.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 06-21-2022 at 01:09 AM.