View Single Post
Old 05-15-2022, 07:43 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Thanks, Jim. I've tried to do some more research since my initial post and I've come up with nothing. I can't find any past sales of an '81 OPC sheet, nor can I even find any images on Google. I think it's pretty rare, but who knows? Then again, rarity doesn't always equate to value. It's just a matter of finding the right person. I'm going to try to sell it and if I can't get a decent price I may consider cutting it up. PSA 10 Nolan Ryan's have recently sold for $2275, $1874 and $3000 respectively. I can't find any completed sales of the Raines RC.
Barring creasing and with access to a very, very precise cutter operator, that is where the ultimate value would be. Otherwise, you are selling a (very neat) display piece and/or transferring the risk of harvesting potential to the buyer.

You can get both cards (PSA 5 or 6, or nice raw) for under $50. A Ryan 8 is only $80 maybe.

EDIT to add: LOL, I checked eBay to find out if I was pulling prices out of my butt from 1995, and I came across this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/31385440163...4AAOSwCC1hVO9E

The other values seem in line also.

Last edited by Deertick; 05-15-2022 at 07:46 PM. Reason: more info