View Single Post
Old 12-24-2007, 07:15 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Johnson psa/dna ended early????

Posted By: T206Collector

When I saw this listing, I shared my signed T206 collection with the seller. I showed him my website and described how important it was for me to add this card to my collection. That set off a very long and interesting e-mail conversation that took us through the entire week.

In the end, he was very interested in giving the Johnson a good home and also having a place that he could go visit it at any time. He is a very old school collector with quite a collection that he is only just starting to part with. I am intrigued to see what else he has to offer and also to develop my relationship with him. Putting aside his promises not to end the auction early, he is a very stand up guy and really a gentleman.

When I get the Johnson home, hopefully sometime later this week, I will be posting additional scans and plan to have a webpage or two devoted to the card and Walter Johnson generally. That was all part of the deal.

With respect to price, the seller and I agreed to keep that between ourselves. Suffice to say, this was not a bargain and a $6,000 snipe or $8,000 bid would not have gotten it done. This was my second most expensive purchase of all time by a long shot (trailing only my Eddie Plank), caused me to sell virtually all of my remaining unsigned T206 cards to help subsidize the cost and will shut me down from further purchases for at least the foreseeable future.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Visit http://www.t206collector.com for my T206 blog, card galleries, articles and more...