View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 07:08 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabe View Post
Yeah, it is. You might be trying to make a point but, really, you're just joining in.

Ignoring is definitely the right answer. Especially on the internet, asking people to not be sarcastic is essentially the same as asking to BE sarcastic. That's just how it is. Best to ignore and move on. Not everything needs to be "called out".

Thanks, I appreciate it. And same back to you.
Then how can you make a point, and show it is related to something said by another? I was merely using different examples of what another person said to extrapolate on their point, to see if they or others would then have a different answer in different circumstances. And also, how can the assumption be made that no one else at the bank, cleaning company, etc. didn't know about PWCC issues? Especially in the case of a possible receptionist that may have been working at PWCC, that I brought up. She would have answered the phones at PWCC, so I would think if she existed that she would have heard and seen just about everything they were getting accused of. But oddly, nobody really said if they thought she would or wouldn't really be guilty, in their thinking, because she was possibly working at PWCC and helped them to do what they did/do. And remember, this was in response to someone else saying a plumber would be guilty in another scenario. So, my question was, if the plumber is guilty in there's and possibly other people's minds, then shouldn't a receptionist at PWCC be also? And if they thought she was guilty, then what about their bank, cleaning company, and so on? I was merely trying to find out where people draw the line, it actually wasn't a ridiculous or sarcastic comment/question. At least that was not my intent.

Ignoring someone is possibly the right answer in some situations, but then if all we ever do is continue to let some self-entitled person keep getting away with things, they'll never stop or change the way they think and act. Just look at how things are/were in the real world today and in history when others didn't finally put their feet down and say "no more" to some for what they do or say. If someone wants to say something like this isn't worth it, well maybe it should be, so people learn a lesson and start treating others, not necessarily just me, a little bit better. Someone acting badly will usually continue doing so until they get called out, sad to say.

And right back at you as well on the last point! LOL Have a good one.