View Single Post
Old 10-04-2022, 09:25 AM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rand1com View Post
I would hate to see it separated as it is a piece of history as is. I had one of these about 5 years ago with only (3) autographs and sold it intact for $3000 to a collector. It is obviously better in today's environment but probably only $5-6K since it is not really displayable.You can't really go wrong with any of the well established auction houses but you have an item that is not likely to have a duplicate in any auction so I would go with one of the most widely recognized ones. Heritage, REA, Hunt, and Memory Lane are all good options in my opinion.
Normally, I, too, would cringe at the destruction of a piece like this just to maximize your return, but it's quite likely the winning bidder would be a dealer who would turn around and do exactly that anyway. In addition, this is not a one-of-a-kind, these yearbooks are around, and I like the idea that the individual pages would get framed to make four wonderful display pieces as opposed to being hidden inside a book residing on a shelf. Lots to consider here, and you win whatever choices you make!