View Single Post
Old 07-14-2022, 08:08 AM
mĒttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
I forgot to say that another reason for my slowdown are the addition of sales taxes to every purchase due to my location.

I can't even count how many times I have been on the trigger, but then pulled out on a larger ticket item as that additional cost pushes it over my happiness vs cost mental line.

The cost savings on these state taxes has seriously placed moving to a non-sales tax state high on my priority list as the constant dings to my income seem to place 25% of the country at a distinct advantage while making purchases. As well as the taxed retirement penalties I have to worry about in the near future.

If I can just convince the wife, I would leave Michigan in a second for some of the advantages fiscally. The bummer is all highway of leaving NY and Cali folk keep jumping up the housing prices in the areas I keep looking at.

(PS - I know that the Captain America crowd on paying taxes will jump on this, but honestly it does not bother me and I feel a wise man does all he can to lower his tax burden.)
Alaska will welcome you with open arms.
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry