View Single Post
Old 07-05-2022, 06:56 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Besides the price escalation, my excitement about the hobby has been seriously dampened by the proliferation of non stop auctions. There are some AHs (and you know who they are, I’m not naming names) that have seriously hurt their brand with non stop roll out of auctions. When the same stuff is sold over and over by the same auction houses, how much excitement is there really to another auction. Hell, “major” auctions come and go and are barely mentioned on the board anymore. The excitement surrounding many seemingly monthly or biweekly auctions now is non existent. Maybe the AH are happy to be selling off collections non stop. Maybe revenue is higher than ever for these guys. But their product has suffered. Big auctions used to be special. Now they are just never ending.

3-4 years ago, much of the board was posts
about anticipation of big auctions about to hit. Can you believe what they have. Gee, isn’t their catalog amazing. What an auction! Today, almost none of that. Now occasionally you see a little after big auctions and that’s it.

Just my opinion of course.
Agree 100%