View Single Post
Old 02-28-2024, 10:40 AM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Really, what is normal?

Like many on here I have been collecting for longer than grading has been around. The only consistent thing with PSA grading is almost everyone complaining about it. With PSA I honestly don't think there has ever been a normal as it has always been a crap shoot in my personal experience. One time you get a grader that gives accurate grades(very rare in my experience), then one with lower than expected grades, then one that you love with every card being over graded, and one of my favorites every card in the submission gets the same grade no matter of actual condition. I have received all of these multiple times and I can't imagine very many who has submitted to PSA multiple times has received different results.
Goldilocks grading, by golly. Not too strict, not too generous. Just right. That's what we want.

And it should be based on my personal standards. I should be able to look at fuzzy/blurry scans through a big fat slab someone posted online and agree with the grades, every time.

If not that, then maybe they should hew to their own published standards. Those would work too.

1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel