View Single Post
Old 11-02-2023, 07:49 AM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

I must be getting softer as I age. Congratulation to the Texas Rangers on their first World Series win. I was a young, and now old, bitter person when that jack-wagon Bob Short took MY TEAM away from me at the raw, young age of 12. Never forgave him, never will.

Over decades of time I continued that feeling until very recent events that are still a bit raw for me today. Hondo passing away on the 30th of October, and Texas having a chance to win their first. Wellll, a bit of the freeze has thawed and good on them. I am happy that my Nat's (Expos?) won before them, but I am also happy to have them join the club.

It is very hard to root for a team each and every year knowing that their chance of winning something each season is over before the season ever starts. When we moved to Colorado Springs just before the Rockies were added to MLB I had that same hope and saw, more often than not, the same results year after year. One season they did get to the Series only to get smoked by the Red Sox. But, hey they made it. Rocktober lives forever in my mind.

Bottom line is Congratulations to the Washington Texas Senators Rangers on their first World Series Championship. I can go back to rooting for my Montreal Washington Expos Nationals and cheer on a second one.

WOOT!!!!

Butch T.

Completed: 1969 - 2000 Topps Baseball Sets and Traded Sets.

Senators and Frank Howard fan.

I collect Topps baseball variations -- I can quit anytime I want to.....I DON'T WANT TO.