View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 04:20 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

I think there’s enough, I’ve gotten more unsolicited offers for a cut proof card from it than the full sheet panel (which of course I have turned down; the 20 of the 23 extant panels I have will not be cut up). A number of people just don’t want anything not residing in a slab. It ‘helps’ that most tobacco guys are sitting at 23 cards. I think the money is greater in destroying the panel, sadly, even though this is one of the lower grade panels with a number of small holes in it.

To flip a profit off $5,000, they would need to sell Corbett proofs for more than $625 each. That’s easy. I don’t see how a Corbett or Donovan will go under a K or 2 minimum these days (I wish they would!). I paid over $625 for the beat silverless blank back card of a common that was known before this find. I’ve been offering far more than that for Donovan’s and Corbett’s without a bite.

I didn’t know you could see the actual accepted offer. If he took $5,000, he cancelled bids way above that and left between a little and a ton on the table depending how many would go there. If the winner is here, call me if you want to double your money right away lol.