View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 05:34 AM
Administrator

Default Colgan's on an upswing as well? Question for collectors.

Posted By: John S

I am sure some of you were tracking/bidding on the group of 40 or so E254's that ended last evening. Over the past couple years I had been pleased that Colgan's prices were seemingly unaffected by the surge observed in many other issues. The prices last night were strong for the most part. The Young ended at almost $600. It was the best example that I have ever seen. For some reason most of the Youngs that I have seen/handled are beaters (including my own).

The PSA holders may have affected the prices a bit; but personally I think PSA's presentation of Colgan's is outright unattractive and lazy; they make holders for P2's...why not Colgan's?

My question/request is when will a comprehensive article discussing the variations, rarities, etc. be written? I could contribute some information, but I have only been after the set for about a dozen years. Maybe there is not enough interest in this issue overall to warrant a detailed explanation of the set. I know that many guard their information to protect a hobby niche, but it seems that Colgan's are popular enough to justify a collective effort regarding the nuances of the set.

Just the ramblings of a Colgan's collector; feel free to chime in.