View Single Post
Old 09-27-2021, 10:59 AM
James M

If you look at the current tiers:

Walk-through: $600
Super Express: $300
Express: $150

Logically, Regular Service will open at $100 per card. Economy will open at $75 (possibly $50) per card. People suspected Regular would come back on October 1, I think it might be a bit later, but sometime in October seems likely. I would peg economy opening back up in early 2022.

Value/bulk is likely not going to open until mid-2022 at the earliest, if it even opens in what was considered "Value" before.

PSA has hired a ton of new employees, and once the backlog is cleared, they'll need work to justify those new employees. I think Nat Turner wants to keep PSA busy, so I think they will open Regular again soon.

That said, they've basically had the faucet shut off for what, 6 months? There are lots of people out there who have been accumulating raw cards and just holding them, waiting for PSA to open again. They will have to do some kind of tiered approach when opening up a $100 service level, and definitely when they open up a $50 service level, because if they don't, they are going to literally receive millions of cards in a few weeks.

PSA graded 669,000 cards in August. That seems to be about their capacity. When they open up Regular, I suspect they'll receive 4-5 months of work in 3-4 weeks. It will be interesting to see how they handle it.

Last edited by 53toppscollector; 09-27-2021 at 11:02 AM.