View Single Post
Old 09-05-2022, 06:39 PM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Thanks Hank! That’s amazing info. I will need to re-watch Damn Yankees! in its entirety soon. Such a great take on “Faust” and one of my Dad’s very favorites. He grew up in DC and hated the Yankees with a passion. He was also an accomplished musician, so the film really resonated with him. Can’t wait to see the real-life Sievers Homer. Ya gotta have heart!
I must have read "The Year The Yankees Lost The Pennant" five or six times as a kid. I'm sure there were many hot summer nights when I would read it, then go sit on the roof over our porch, waiting for a breeze and listening to the game on my transistor radio, just like Joe Boyd sitting on his porch at the beginning of the book when Applegate comes along. Sievers ran out his homers with his head down with humility, but Joe Hardy does it because he doesn't want the fans to see that he is suddenly middle-aged again, thanks to Applegate. Wouldn't that be something if that's your jersey he's wearing in the movie! What was you dad's musical history?