View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 08:41 AM
Alan Strout

Default Pennants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
Day 249 (September 5, 2020 – 249)

There’s an area that’s lacking in my Orioles collection and that is pennants (and now I guess minor league Oriole affiliates). I have just a few, but to be honest most of them are not in nice shape since a lot of the Orioles pennants when I was growing up were white and the color just doesn’t hold up well over time; at least mine didn’t. Most of the pennants that I still have been in my possession since I was young. I was big into pennants as a kid; I loved putting them in circles on my walls and ceiling. I gave many of them away along with way, but still have a few remaining even though I’d really need to upgrade most if not all of them. Currently I don’t have ANY on my wall (what a shame).
Mark,

I'm kind of in the same boat as you regarding pennants. I was more into them as a kid and haven't really picked any up in 20 years. I find them hard to store and display. I have seen some articles about cleaning pennants, but never tried it myself.

My man cave doesn't have a lot of wall space that I wanted to use for pennants. About 20 years ago, our family hosted a foreign exchange student from Chile for almost a year (actually we had 5 students over a period of 8 years). She suggested I put the pennants on the ceiling. Here's what it looks like....

DSCN2542.jpg

A few pennants from my childhood

DSCN2555.jpg

DSCN2556.jpg

DSCN2553.jpg