View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 12:08 PM
Administrator

Default Iconic Memorabilia Auctions

Posted By: Jeff Woolf

Point taken, Jim. I thank you for your post. I do understand the concerns of the board and appreciate their comments--even if they can be a little harsh at times.

There are a lot of people who fear these boards, and I've received several emails from people who have warned me to stay clear and/or gave me kudos for having the gumption to come on here. One of the big reasons I decided to post on here was for the fact that I would be criticized. I look at criticism as a positive thing.

But, like with any other auction company, people have to understand that with an auction of 1,000+ lots there will be a few mistakes, and also a few lots that have to be withdrawn due to new information that comes to light after publication.

If I make a mistake and are notified of that mistake and don't respond or correct it, then go ahead and question my credibility. But, if I acknowledge the mistake and take the appropriate action (which was withdrawing the lot), then don't continue to question my intentions. It's like double punishment.

Ultimately, in my opinion, the good does outweigh the bad (or annoying) of this board, and I look forward to learning more about vintage cards from everyone and sharing my own knowledge from time to time, if needed (which is primarily geared toward autographs and memorabilia).

Regards,
Jeff W.