View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 10:32 PM
Marc

Default E90-1 Dots Miller "sunset" variation

I just picked up a lot of E90-1's and noticed that the Miller card has an unusual variation that I haven't seen before. As you can see in the scan, the card on the right has a red "sunset" pattern that is completely missing from the card on the left. What is strange is that the red print extends well onto his uniform and glove so, if it is intentional, it is some pretty sloppy artwork. The colors throughout the rest of the card are identical on both.

I did a quick search and was able to find only one other "sunset" example. It is identical to my card which would suggest that mine is not just a print freak or anything like that. All the rest I found (25+ other examples) had no red whatsoever, so it would appear, from my brief search at least, that the "sunset" variation is much less common. This also seems strange as, if it was just the case of a missing color pass, I'd think that the correctly colored version would be much more common.

Just wondering if anybody else had noticed this or had other examples or thoughts to share.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg e90-1miller 001.jpg (73.0 KB, 580 views)