View Single Post
Old 11-25-2022, 04:45 AM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
I probably should have specified that I was referring to vintage instead of suggesting it was all cards. I do not follow 80s and beyond but that is good to know that CSG is hanging in there.

As for the buyer of the 52 Mantle CSG 8 they had better know someone, or be someone, who is close to PSA if it is their intention to get the card back into a PSA 7.5. Not inferring the card is altered but once out of the holder I am certain PSA would treat it as if it had not been seen.

I think that's true normally. But they know exactly which card this is and what they graded it previously. With Nat on his kick about cards receiving the same when resubmitted, I would think there would be significant pressure to put it back in a 7.5 holder just to avoid the hobby blowback of people posting before vs after pics and revealing that PSA graders have no pants.

If they do grade it lower, it would probably be because they want to make a statement about CSG and want to make an example out of someone by pretending that CSG "damaged" the card when cracking it out. That way, they could damage their reputation and lessen the number of PSA crack outs finding their way into CSG slabs.