View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 10:31 AM
Fr@.nk T.ot.@

Not really unexpected. It was clear the PSA shutdown on submissions would cascade over to SGC, and SGC had warned it would adjust its model to prevent going back to a massive backlog. So I can't fault the business decision, although it's a personal disappointment...was on vacation with the kids this past week and had planned a submission of mid-value vintage cards this week, many of which don't make sense at the new pricing.

Anyway, the options for those on a budget or wanting lower value cards graded are certainly getting limited. Although SGC promises to lower its pricing again (and I hope they do), I think it will be quite a while before we see PSA and SGC offering $20 grading with reasonable turnaround times.

I wonder if CSG will be able to take advantage of this? Do they grade pre-war and other vintage cards? The language on their submission guidelines seems to suggest so, but there is a large carve-out for returning "obscure" issues. CGC certainly has a strong reputation in other collectibles. While I don't love the CSG labels, the current dislocation seems to create a big opportunity for someone....