View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 05:55 AM
Administrator

Default Who collects what?

Posted By: Richard Lloyd

Hi Eric...

I collect FOOD REGIONAL and Pacific COast League cards ranging from the mid 1930's to the early 1960's.. My collection consists of Many Many hard to find minor league cards from this time frame. to me: these are better then a cobb or a Ruth!! sorry everyone!! ... Waht make these cards appealing is they were only distributed in a specic region of the country so they are harder to find PLUS there worth is more then the mainstream topps and bowman which are a dime a dozen... The regional cards are a hot item and my collection contains many sets and unique cards from the US, Canada and Cuba... both minor league and major league...

Also, the price for these cards on ebay is very reasonable and more cards can be bought comapared OJ's, crackerjacks for example.. I also believe the value years from now will still be on the rise while the regional cards look very good for what one is paying today..

A short list of my favorites in my colection are as follows: 1952 coke tips, 1949 schumacher service station, 1935 rice-stix, 1952 globe printing, 1940 hughes confection, 1961 sugardales, 1952 knowles service station, 1949 sealtest, 1949 sunbeam pureta postcards...etc.. all these are highly sought!!!
Good luck
Best
Dick