View Single Post
Old 07-25-2023, 09:59 PM
Tim Odeen

Thanks to the generosity of fellow Net54 member Clydepepper, I gave my 10 yo summer baseball team individual 400 ct boxes of cards at our end of season party. He sent the kind of cards you might imagine kids would love! Chrome, Panini, shiny, pop, and sparkle. Plus Heritage, Topps base, Bowman Draft. We had a great time and the kids were excited. Sorry there aren't more pictures. The best quote from a mother was "Nicholas! You wash the pizza grease off your fingers before you touch those!" My wife talked to another boy, first year player, and he had recently received his first cards. She said he was all aflutter about receiving this box of cards. His dad walked up to my wife and I while they were leaving and said, "I've never seen someone do that. You're alright." Finally, for those of you whose cards met the fate of bicycle spokes, you would have been proud of the young man in the picture whose cards were spread all over the table. He handled those cards like a boy who doesn't see $$$. He wanted to show me his best players, and his Mike Trout had a nice crisp crease through the corner just like it had been clothe pinned to bike wheels.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk

Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo

Last edited by todeen; 07-25-2023 at 10:44 PM.