View Single Post
Old 04-07-2024, 05:28 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
I felt the same way too, and even notified Ed a couple of times quite a few years ago about some hidden McCormick cards. My stance has since adjusted, once the huge hoard of the stamped cards came up for auction about a year or more ago, because Ed stated that he no longer was pursuing every available McCormick card, but instead was going after as large a T206 set he could, and has posted a wantlist of the cards he still needs.

I picked up the Greminger in a trade after this 1000+ (if I remember correctly) hoard surfaced, and I knew it was not on his wantlist. If someday Ed were to shift collecting gears back to trying to get as many as possible, I would gladly trade him for a comparable Greminger.

Brian

Hey Brian. That makes sense that once Ed switched gears on the collection folks may have seen that as a statement that they could keep a Howe stamp if it wasn't on his current want list. I've never thought of that. But, I still kind of feel that they belong "home" with the others. The only reason (I think) that Ed switched gears was because 1K+ new examples surfaced at the same time. Many of them would've cost too much to buy them and they ended being distributed all over the place, so the mission became quite unrealistic. It wasn't because he actually wanted to make that change in his pursuit of these cards. I don't know, It's just such a great story and quest that I have that feeling deep down that they belong together.

Ed, sorry if I'm speaking for you, I don't mean to do that. So please chime in and correct me if anything I said is inaccurate. Thanks man.

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here