View Single Post
Old 03-19-2024, 08:08 AM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
It seems a daunting task and given how PSA does things I would guess I would take downgrades on quite a few.
If history is any guide, if you attempt to do a true cross, without cracking first, the odds are good that you're going to take a hit on the grade. It's not that there's anything wrong with the original grade. There just seems to be an attitude that if it's coming from the other guys, then it must be overgraded. Although I guess there's always the possibility that now that both shops are under the same roof, there will be less negativity towards slabs from the other guys, since "them" is now "us".

And if you crack first and then submit, then you're taking a huge gamble. Will they refuse to slab it? Will it have some minsize issue? And that's before you even get to the time and cost involved in submitting to PSA.

I'm going to guess that around these parts, there's a lot fewer people who are eager to dump their SGC slabs and get them into shiny new PSA slabs. Not that it will stop us from hypothesizing and pontificating that such a person must be out there somewhere, and if enough of them exist, then it must mean something for the market for SGC slabs.

1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel

Last edited by raulus; 03-19-2024 at 08:11 AM.