View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 03:55 PM
D@ve Se@born

Default Vintage Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValKehl View Post
Dave, thanks for providing the the comparative pop report numbers for some of the most popular pre-War sets. I assume your SGC numbers are taken from their legacy pop reports, which I believe haven't been updated for a couple of years or so, which makes you comparisons somewhat misleading. Also, I'm surprised that you didn't include pop numbers for the T205, T207, and 1933 Goudey sets, which are very popular pre-War sets.
Val, yes, I took the SGC numbers from their legacy pop reports so you are correct - if anything those numbers are lower than actual. I thought about adding a few more sets but didn't know how much interest there would be and it took a little bit of time because, as we all know, SGC's database leaves a lot to be desired.

I agree with most on here that there's quite an opportunity for SGC here, just not sure they'll take advantage of it. I'm an SGC fan for my personal collection, but the clean up/reset for their registry and their pop reports is crucial and they can't seem to get out of their own way. That said, I like the product, the grading, and the holder so it's SGC for me.