View Single Post
Old 08-05-2021, 02:16 PM
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
I’m not sure I would want to see a Dodgers museum and I’m not sure Mr. Cypres would let me in…..but is this place open to the public?
Rob, it is actually much more than a Dodgers museum. Gary's Dodger stuff is incredible (the best Dodger collection in existence without question), but he also has rooms devoted to other teams and sports. We just rushed through the Yankees rooms, passed by a wing devoted to Ruth, and yes, the giants are represented as well.

While the museum used to be open to the public, it is now closed. I met Gary years ago when we both loaned items to the Dodger Stadium pop-up museum (he loaned over 95% of the items shown there and still loans items for exhibit in the stadium), and he graciously allows me to visit the museum from time to time.

BTW, most of the pennants on exhibit are simply nailed to the walls. The Campy pennant pictured above is framed because it will be part of an exhibit Gary is putting together of Negro League players which will be on display at the Stadium.