Thread: Thread pics
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 11:23 AM
Joe W.
J0seph Wi.er

Default Thread pics

So, I'm not the brightest when it comes to efficiency and quality of images on my posts...but it isn't from a lack of caring or trying. I have to assume for my own self confidence that I am not alone. Here's the hurdle I need help with, hopefully this will help others in the process.

Net54's mobile platform is tapatalk which I enjoy for navigation and simplicity with image attachment, however, I have to use my mobile device camera for pictures which are often taken at an angle and while camera phone clarity has improved greatly I still like the appearance of a flat scan. Unfortunately, on my desktop, whenever I scan an image I have to change the dpi setting to 200dpi or less or it won't allow me to attach the image to my post. Once I do change the dpi setting it will attach but the images are super small and are not helpful for the reader.

Am I doing something wrong? How can I scan and attach an image without sacrificing size and clarity? I know of the url feature and have used it in the past but I don't have the time to spend days scanning images, uploading them to an image host, then go back and link every image to my posts. Way too time consuming of a process.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide.