View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 09:56 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_NY View Post
Jim -- Thanks for defending me; I just saw your post.

Only one comment: I do not think of myself as a "non-sports dealer". When someone asks me why I am still doing business in this hobby when most of my New York peers from the 70s have since disappeared, I point out that I am fully diversified. I sell all types of cards and paper memorabilia and when one item is "cool", I quickly move on to another item. I've done that for 35+ years.

I will have at least one full showcase dedicated to pre-war baseball including T205's, 206's, 210s, etc. including a T205 set for sale with one variation. Probably another full showcase dedicated to early football, hockey, and other baseball.

But I do agree that I have been focusing most of my energies on Non-sports cards and sets for the past 7-10 years or so. But, I never pass a collection that I can make money on.

Thanks again,

Steve
Booth 125P Baltimore National
Steve- Welcome to Net54baseball.com. It's not the end of the world to make a mistake on a chatboard. It's no big deal. If you need to read the rules, or know where to post your stuff for sale, there is a little icon at top that says "Net54 rules"....that is where you will find the ....rules. Also, had you looked at the top blue logo, and cared to read what this forum is all about, right next to the logo, you would have seen that there is an area devoted to buying/selling/trading. It's quite obvious. Once again, no big deal and I will be set up at the National too. I hope to meet you and say hi....best regards