View Single Post
Old 05-04-2023, 12:20 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
There is no world in which a princess Di beanie baby is worth $1500. To perpetuate that myth is just wrong. The show is sleazy. And I agree with Denny, the treatment of some of his consignors whether or not for dramatic purposes or not is just wrong.

If you want to watch something fun and a lot more wholesome regarding the hobby watch the YouTube show “Chasing Cardboard” which actually does focus on sports cards. The production quality is top notch for a YouTube show.
My wife put this on while we were watching tv together thinking she was being nice. I appreciate the gesture of course, but found it off-putting for the same reasons.

The prices were astronomically inflated to excite the unknowing. When the auction took place I thought the Robinson jersey was a marketing gimmick and should not have been included. Seeing the behind the scenes of promising an impossible amount to an absolute dreamer was nuts. The amount he did get was still insane and just due to the timing of that auction.

Also, please forgive me to the east coasters that don't notice this, I can't stand the cast of Jersey Shore that works for him. I wouldn't buy a used car from those voices and it's soured me completely on taking the company seriously. Get some people with some actual subject matter expertise and don't look like they drive an IROC with a tracksuit to work every day.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.