View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 02:30 PM
Dan=iel Enri.ght

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim F View Post
Not sure what you are referring to when you say complete failure.
Entry to the virtual expo was free and the only people who had trouble with the platform were trying to use their phones. People were told when they signed up that phones do not work well with that platform.
The complaint most people had was dealers telling them to go to their ebay store. A lot of dealers couldnt wrap their heads around selling in this format, ebay offered significant incentive so they took the path of least resistance. That was a fail and hopefully a lesson learned.
You're wrong on every level.
I used my computer only and NEVER was able to gain access to the site.
After getting knocked back multiple times I 'purchased' multiple 'free' tickets over the first and second days in the hope of gaining access, and was NEVER able to be admitted to whatever was going on.
Please don't speak out of your ass when you don't know other people's experiences.
There was no ONE complaint.
In fact, I spoke to a number of fellow hobbyists and read afterwards and complaints ran from:
There was not much material available for actual sale.
Most of what was available was hockey.
Alot of 'dealers' weren't available when you tried to contact them.
The 'discussion' series of speakers were mostly boring as hell.
You needed to come with an idea of what you were looking for and search out dealers asking for specific items as there was limited stock being advertised.
A number of dealers were not impressed with the overall experience and unsure whether it was a profitable use of their time.

Do you need me to go on?