View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 12:47 AM
Bill Gregory

You can also do what I do, which is to save your private messages. You can download them all, and save them to your computer. Check all the messages (click the one box at the top of the list to select them all), and them export as an xml file.

Search Google for a program called vBulletin PM reader (on Softpedia). You can import that xml file, and create a database that has all your old messages (the first time you run the program, it will ask you to make a new database). Then, you import the xml file. When you go to download more messages, you basically repeat the process, then import the new xml file into your existing database. VERY IMPORTANT! The first couple of times you do it (and actually, I would recommend doing this every time you go to import new messages), make a backup of the existing database, and put it somewhere out of harm's way.

I do this for records of any trades I do, and that's helpful until I go through Paypal and document everything. Plus, I can have so many discussions going on with different forum members over time, and sometimes my brain needs a good smacking around. Being able to look at old messages (you can sort by message sender) is a great way to refresh my memory.

I love that program. 200 messages is a good size (thanks again, Leon!). But I've had to archive messages 3 or 4 times now. That tells you how much I like to talk.

I hope this helps!

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.