View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 09:52 PM
Archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickitup View Post
Just like any other auction house where a consignor might call a friend and have his friend bid on an item for him? It is risky to do that, but perfectly legal. As long as the person who wins the item pays for the item in full including auction house fees, it is legal. Risky, but legal.

Why do you believe that it matters or not to buyers if PWCC sells their own private items or if they represent the owners of the cards and charge a fee for their service? Just because PWCC has chosen broker sports cards on ebay and you has a loyal group of buyers does not make them less legitimate. I can assure you Memory Lane, Heritage, SCP and other auction houses have loyal followings as well.

Personally, I use PWCC almost exclusively to purchase items on ebay because I buy all sorts of cards from all sorts of sports and am a busy person. I do not want to spend hours upon hours searching ebay listings looking for items that might or might not be a fit for my collection. I find it very easy to type in PWCC into ebay search and sort what I might be interested in that day. Its very simple and easy for a collector like me to find items this way as compared to searching online forums or contacting friends, past acquaintances or other auction houses who might or might not have what I am looking for at the time.

Any speculation as to what my motives are or why I use certain sellers more than others is pure conjecture and quite frankly a waste of everyone's time. If I am willing to pay more than you, I will win, period. If am am not the highest bidder, I won't win. It is real simple. Some of the folks here that are alleging shilling and bid retractions have not a clue what the 'real story' is are likely just pissed because they don't have a green cobb now and want one at a below market price. But of course, that speculation is conjecture on my part and really doesn't hold any weight.

So yes "as long as I am happy" I will use whoever I want to buy or sell items for me. It saddens me to think that Brent or my reputation is at question here when in reality, it could not be farther from the truth. Collecting cardboard is supposed to be fun...

I do not see any further need to justify my actions here on this board, but some of the folks just need to grow up and worry about their own issues. Stop trying to create conspiracy theories to explain random market fluctuations and record prices. The real reason prices are going up is there are buyers that are willing to pay more for cards than have been paid in the past. When the buyers are outnumbered by the sellers, prices will go down. Its called a 'market' and it is quite simple.
Forgive me for being dumb, but when did it become "perfectly legal" as you put it, to have a friend bid on an item up for auction?

Jantz

Last edited by Jantz; 11-10-2015 at 09:57 PM. Reason: spelling