View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 11:33 AM

Default My Return To Pigskin

Hi all.
I have been a member here for a while, but mostly for the vintage baseball posts. When I was a kid in the early 70's I collected football as well. In the late 70's, my dad took an interest in football cards, so I gave him my collection. Well, in the years after, he accumulated a lot of cards from the 50's thru the 70's, since those were the players he knew.
Well, about 18 years ago, he suffered a severe stroke, which affected his mind and his mobility. He has no interest in sports, and that's rough for me because he's the reason I love baseball and football in the first place.
Anyway, recently my mom mentioned his cards and told me to take them since it was a waste to just have them sitting in the closet. So, I brought them home, about 4 binders full. I went through them the other day, and seeing them again brought back tons of memories.
So now I will be visiting the football forum, and hopefully I will have something to add. I want to scan some of his better cards and post them here for others to enjoy.
I really enjoyed the Post cereal card discussion, and that may be something I take a crack at.
Take care and I look forward to talking football and cards with you !

Completed - 1967 Topps Baseball, 1969 Greiner Tires Pirates, 1964 Topps Giants

Working on - 1967 Topps Test Stickers - Pirates 31/33 just need the 2 Clemente’s

Also looking for a 1970's Spalding Advisory Staff photo of Richie Hebner.