View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 10:01 AM
Administrator

Default Jeter and Today's baseball

Posted By: Tim Newcomb

Re this comment:

"The more I think about it, Jeter is probably the second best shortstop ever. Pretty amazing when the team also has the greatest closer ever and the player who may someday be regarded as the greatest third baseman ever."

I'm a Steinbrenner-hater but not a Jeter-hater. He's a great player. So are the others mentioned.

But this kind of comment...And Yankee fans wonder why there are so many Yankee-haters around?

Pretty amazing organization! Amazing owner! Killer scouting system! Gee, do you think any of this amazingness could have anything to do with their amazing 500 kazillion in TV revenue and their amazing 400 kazillion payroll, and their truly amazing ability to buy any player on the planet???

NAAAH! After all, Jeter and Rivera are homegrown-- oh wait a minute, if they had come up with the Twins or Marlins, the Yankees would have had them after four years anyway.

I'm also amazed how Yankee fans hate A-Rod. There seems to be some kind of inverse emotional logic where if you love Jeter, you hate to spew out all your negative stuff on somebody who is at least as talented as he is.

Tim

PS: Greatest shortstop ever: a guy named Honus. The others are WAY behind.