View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Default The Depression of 2008

Posted By: John

Furthermore we think this whole thread is pointless, how anyone can be so simple minded to even compare the horrors and tragic nature of the great depression to silly pieces of paper called baseball cards is beyond me. Below are some pictures to visualize…

------Baseball Cards------

----VS.----

------Great Depression------

Short of the Al Rosen image one can see that a great depression might be a bit more scary. If there is in fact a next great depression on the rise, speaking for myself I have bigger things to worry about such as food, shelter, my family’s well being and my employees. The luxury of buying a Plank & Magie or filling tough slots via REA goes out the window, let alone the ups and downs of a baseball card market.

In fact Bruce you may even have to hold back on calling “Dial 7” limo service from your 2 bedroom apartment/office to meet us for dinner in NYC.

By the way the next NYC dinner is below if the next great one is upon us, Jeff has already agreed to serve soup and has warned Leon one bowl per person!

Do these people look like there are upset over there collectibles? Contrary to your belief Bruce the woman in the photo isn’t upset that her 1933 Goudey high grade collection is down 20%. It might have something to do with starving to death, no house and the loss of everything but hey I could be wrong perhaps she was a huge Dizzy Dean fan…