View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 11:57 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanTown View Post
Spin.. The winner of the 36WW DiMaggio was instructed by Brent to win the card. This could be a close friend or family member. This is why Cortney was told to make higher bids as it wòuld better for the public to see multiple bidders on it. Brent knew Cortney would not win it for this reason. Since all hell broke out on this card during the auction (this Net54 thread) , I'm sure Brent wanted this card to disappear for many reasons for a long time.

It's safe to say this card won't be seen for many years to come and if it does I can't wait to see how the auction company discloses the murky history of it.
It would not surprise me if someone "really" won the card. The whole world doesn't read this Board, there are folks out there who wouldn't care about the restoration, and the price was not that high for a PSA 7 WWG DiMaggio. Could it have gone for less than it otherwise would have, sure.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 02-18-2017 at 09:28 PM.